SAT Tutoring and SAT Classes Teach Proven Methods for Success
Without SAT tutoring or SAT classes, the majority of high school students dread taking the SAT and/or the ACT. It’s a time-consuming, stressful, high-pressure test that can impact students’ chances of getting into their dream university. Being prepared makes the difference. See below to let us know how RITES can best help your student.
For example, each test has specific formats, rules, and expectations that students must be familiar with in order to make the most of their scores. RITES SAT classes offer and one-to-one ACT and SAT Tutoring teaches high school students strategies to tackle the SAT and ACT with confidence.
What sets RITES SAT Tutoring and Classes Apart?
RITES SAT and ACT tutors are fully certified and trained in SAT/ACT and other standardized tests. Most importantly, we use small groups – or a one-to-one approach – rather than an impersonal, lecture-style setting.
In fact, our center administers practice tests to get future test-takers familiar with the experience. We analyze the results and teach test-taking strategies for success to improve scores.
Furthermore, RITES certified teachers can also analyze if there are problem areas. Is there a difficulty in understanding how to approach a certain question type? Is it a lack of commitment, anxiety, or poor time management? Or is a learning difference making certain concepts more challenging? If there are challenges, we can address them directly and successfully.
7 SAT Tips From RITES Tutors
In fact, there are certain strategies that any student can use to improve SAT or ACT scores.
- Take full-length practice tests to become familiar with the SAT/ACT format and to build endurance
- Read as much as possible and practice active reading strategies
- Study vocabulary in-context by reading news articles to reinforce real-world connections
- Don’t compare yourself to others; stick to what works best for you
- Know the different types of question types in advance
- Create a study plan that works for you
- Eat well, exercise, and rest during test week; treat it as if you were training for a marathon
As a result of using these seven tips, combined with RITES SAT tutoring, high school students will be fully prepared for the big day.
For more detailed information about these tips: Seven Key Tips to Prepare for the SAT or ACT:
Standardized Testing Classes
RITES offers standardized testing tutoring to high school students in grades 10, 11, and 12 living in Providence, Pawtucket, East Greenwich, Barrington, and surrounding areas. We provide instruction in not just the SAT and ACT but also the ISEE, SSAT, HSPT, COOP, TACHS, and GED.
In fact, RITES also offers specialized test preparation tutoring for students with learning differences.
Individualized Tutoring for the SAT & ACT
RITES offers a comprehensive starter package for individualized SAT/ACT tutoring with trained and certified teachers.
The Starter Package for individual lessons is $720 and includes:
- An initial strategy meeting to create an individualized study plan
- Practice books and materials
- Full-length proctored tests scored and analyzed
- 8 hours of individual instruction
RITES’ Specialized Standardized Testing Resources: Learn More