Looking for ideas or support during the pandemic? Below are some links to support you as a parent, and to keep your kids learning happily.
COVID-19 Educational Resources for Parents
- Homeschooling Resources from the Hallowell Center
- Extended School Closings | Everything an IEP Parent Needs to Know | FAPE | Online Services
- Parents’ Ultimate Guide to Zoom
- Visual Schedules printable schedules can help a child with anxiety who is often fretting over “what is going to happen next.” A visual schedule helps them plan and prepare even if the next activity is non-preferred.
- SesameStreet.org/caring for resources designed to provide comfort, manage anxiety, and foster learning at home
- Busy Bee Kids Crafts Fun, easy and inexpensive kids craft ideas
- How to Schedule A School Day at Home
- Fun Hands-on Activities
COVID-19 Learning at Home Ideas
- PBS Learning Media Rhode Island PBS and PBS have curated free educational videos.
- Magic at the Library Videos of books being read to children one chapter at a time
- Khan AcademyFree videos to learn a multitude of topics.
- Spelling City Practice for spelling, vocabulary, and phonics through games & activities
- Prodigy Math games
- Legends of Learning Free math and science games
- I-ready helps kids build essential mathematics and reading skills
- Learning Ally an extensive library of human-read audiobook
Visit Roger Williams Zoo Virtually
Visit with a favorite animal and learn something new at Zoo School on Facebook every Tuesday and Thursday at 2:00 pm.
Watch the Zoo’s beloved elephant Ginny take a bath on the Zoo’s YouTube channel at https://bit.ly/rwpzoo_elephantbath.
Zoo Kids’ Corner issues, for hands-on activities parents can do with their children at home https://issuu.com/rwpzoo/docs/2020_kids_corner_special_issue.