Do you have a student who:
Is struggling in his current school placement? Would benefit from an alternative school placement or homeschooling? Responds well to structured, one-to-one academic instruction?
RITES highly trained teachers provide homeschooling academic instruction during the school day for students ages 6-18 who require an alternative learning environment. The curriculum is designed to meet a student’s individual learning needs, while providing instruction aligned with the Common Core. We offer a range of academic services from a weekly one-hour tutorial to a few hours of weekly instruction to a full academic program. If you are homeschooling your child, our services can supplement your teaching by offering specialized instruction to address a particular learning difference, or providing support in one subject area, for example, biology or algebra.
RITES teachers provide the following services:
- Curriculum designed to meet the individual learning needs and interests of each student
- Academic instruction aligned with Common Core standards
- Academic instruction that meets goals and accommodations listed in a student’s IEP
- Individualized instruction in all academic subjects
- Opportunity for instruction with specific intervention methods, such as Orton-Gillingham, Lindamood-Bell, and Project Read
- Integration of technology into instruction
- Incorporation of sensory activities designed to improve focus
- Progress reports and meetings with parents to discuss student progress
- Collaboration with public school personnel to facilitate transition back to school
- Consultation/collaboration with other service providers who work with the child