RITES Summer Programs – providing quality, multisensory, direct, engaging instruction for all types of learners for more than 20 years.
Thank you for your interest in RITES Summer Programs. Please check back in February 2021 for the 2021 summer schedule. If you have questions, contact us at email@example.com.
The COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic has critically impacted our summer programs and the way we provide instruction. We have very carefully considered all the logistics and implications of this, and we have decided to offer all summer programs, small classes of up to four students, and 1:1 tutoring, online only for 2020.
This was a very difficult decision for us. We thoroughly understand the need for this type of intensive program, especially for our vulnerable learners, who are sliding even further behind with the upheavals of the past few months and those to come. That is why we are dedicated to providing the next best thing by moving our quality programs to an online format.
Use the drop-down menu below to see what is now available for your child:
- Click the gray box (below) with the grade your child will be entering in the fall of 2020.
- For full course descriptions, pricing, and application forms, click the blue course title.
Here are some key points to consider as you think about what your child needs this summer:
What RITES Summer Instruction Online IS NOT:
- NO HOMEWORK is given or expected
- Parents are NOT expected to log on, download apps or provide any type of instruction themselves
- Students may be encouraged to explore additional resources provided, but this is not expected or required
What RITES Summer Instruction Online IS and INCLUDES:
- Direct, multisensory instruction from an experienced, engaging, certified RITES teacher
- Lessons delivered in real-time, from teacher to student, with teacher modeling and guidance
- Explicit instruction of concepts and skill-building
- Ample opportunities for students to practice and demonstrate taught and learned skills
- Recognition and utilization of students’ strengths to support those areas that need further development
- Expertise from our program Occupational Therapist for movement breaks and fine-motor exercises and remediation
- A mix of online resources and hands-on, concrete manipulatives (sent to your home as “Cool Kid Tool Kits”)
- Regular recaps and communication about skills covered each day and week
- Access to the educational expertise of our teachers and Site Director
- Additional resources available (NOT REQUIRED) for continued practice beyond the instruction hours
- Recommendations for continuing support after the program ends
- For individual tutorials only, the option to tailor instruction to summer work given by and expected from the student’s school
- For our students in grades 3 and under, and for some of our more distractible students, parents may be asked to be nearby during instruction time, just for any redirection to the screen, as necessary
Not sure which is best for your child? Contact RITES’ certified specialists who are happy to help.
Even under these trying circumstances, we at RITES continue to be dedicated to providing your child with direct, engaging instruction that is designed the way your child learns best. Our amazing teachers are ready, willing, and able to provide the quality instruction you have come to expect and want. The delivery format may be different, but the content, energy, and benefit of a RITES experience is still possible.
We look forward to still serving you and your child in an alternative capacity through these difficult times.
- How to use the “Summer Selector” (drop-down menu by grade, seen above)
- Read about preventing Summer Learning Loss
Rhode Island Tutorial & Educational Services
334 East Avenue – Suite 3 Pawtucket, RI 02860
Speak with a RITES Specialist 401-723-4459