For summer 2021, we are pleased to announce a partnership with Wheeler Summer camp in Seekonk, MA (just minutes away from Providence, RI). We will be offering in-person Reading and Math classes, in conjunction with attending camp for students who will be entering grades 1-4 in the fall, as well as a special Book Club for middle schoolers attending camp. In addition, we will be offering in-person Orton-Gillingham tutorials and in-person Speech-and-Language tutorials on-site for campers.
Groups are kept deliberately small and in stable pods, so limited slots will be available.
For those entering 5th and 6th grade in the fall, who are not interested or able to attend Wheeler Summer camp, we are offering a truly fantastic Online Book Club with a creative, engaging teacher.
We also continue to offer one-to-one online tutorials for all ages and subjects with our expert RITES specialists.
For questions, email us at:
RITES Summer Programs – providing quality, multisensory, direct, engaging instruction for all types of learners for more than 20 years.
Here are some key points to consider as you think about what your child needs this summer:
What RITES Summer Instruction, both In-Person and Online, IS NOT:
- NO HOMEWORK is given or expected
- Parents are NOT expected to log on, download apps or provide any type of instruction themselves
- Students may be encouraged to explore additional resources provided, but this is not expected or required
What RITES Summer Instruction, both In-Person and Online, IS and INCLUDES:
- Direct, multisensory instruction from an experienced, engaging, certified RITES teacher
- Lessons delivered in real-time, from teacher to student, with teacher modeling and guidance
- Explicit instruction of concepts and skill-building
- Ample opportunities for students to practice and demonstrate taught and learned skills
- Recognition and utilization of students’ strengths to support those areas that need further development
- A mix of online resources and hands-on, concrete manipulatives (sent to your home or provided for individual use as “Cool Kid Tool Kits”)
- Regular recaps and communication about skills covered each day and week
- Access to the educational expertise of our teachers and Site Director
- Additional resources available (NOT REQUIRED) for continued practice beyond the instruction hours
- Recommendations for continuing support after the program ends
- For individual tutorials only, the option to tailor instruction to summer work given by and expected from the student’s school
- ONLINE ONLY: For our students in grades 3 and under, and for some of our more distractible students, parents may be asked to be nearby during instruction time, just for any redirection to the screen, as necessary
Not sure which is best for your child? Contact RITES certified specialists, who are happy to help.
Even under these trying circumstances, we at RITES continue to be dedicated to providing your child with direct, engaging instruction that is designed the way your child learns best. Our amazing teachers are ready, willing, and able to provide the quality instruction you have come to expect and want. The delivery format may be different, but the content, energy, and benefit of a RITES experience is still possible.
We look forward to still serving you and your child in an alternative capacity through these difficult times.
Thank you to our summer sponsor, Home Light!
Rhode Island Tutorial & Educational Services
334 East Avenue – Suite 3 Pawtucket, RI 02860
Speak with a RITES Specialist 401-723-4459