Creative Writing Ideas for Summer:
- Journalist: Keep a journal of cool activities or trips you take. Use descriptive words to tell about each experience.
- Stay in Touch: Write letters to friends or relatives who live in another state.
- Novel Ideas: Write a story based on a favorite photo or drawing. Use your imagination!
- Art Lovers & Budding Critics: Create a summer scrapbook (including menus, ticket stubs, maps, etc.) and write a review to go along with each activity or event.
- Admiration Club: Compose a letter to your favorite author. Tell the author about yourself and ask some questions you’re wondering about.
- Cook Up Some Fun: Write a recipe for a favorite meal. Include step-by-step directions and an explanation of why this meal has special meaning for you.
- Authors, Illustrators & Comic Book Writers: Prevent “summer slide” while having a ton of fun and tapping into your imagination – register for RITES creative summer writing workshops today.
Authors and Illustrators (Grades 2 and 3)
Comic Book Writer’s Edge (Grades 3, 4, 5, and 6)