Personalized 1-to-1 Speech-and-Language Tutorials*
Summer Combo: 1-to-1 Speech-and-Language Tutorials & Wheeler Camp
Let your child be a kid, enjoying a traditional camp day, yet still receive crucial specialized speech instruction with these 1-to-1 tutorials during Wheeler Summer!
With this tutorial option, get the best of both worlds – RITES high-quality, specialized instruction for students with documented speech and language needs for an hour, and Wheeler’s anything-but-ordinary camp activities the rest of the day!
*This is an inquiry-matching program
|Grades:||Entering 1st grade – 6th grade
1:1 teacher/student ratio
|Dates and Duration:||July 12 – August 6, 2021
(must do all 4 weeks)
(Your child will be assigned one 30-minute block per day)
|9:00 am – 9:30 am
9:30 am – 10:00 am
10:00 am – 10:30 am
10:30 am – 11:00 am
11:00 am – 11:30 am
11:30 am – 12:00 pm
|Location:||The Wheeler School, Seekonk, MA
(tutorial component only – Wheeler Camp is an additional registration with fee paid in 2-week session blocks; includes a pre-assessment, to be scheduled)
|Extended Day Options*:||Early drop-off and late pick-up available for an additional fee – click here for more information|
* Lunch is brown bag, or also available for purchase, for $50/week. Click here for more information.
COVID-19 and distance learning has been particularly hard on our students who need extra academic support. As they slip further behind, we worry about how to keep them healthy – physically, mentally, and academically. RITES and Wheeler Summer are teaming up to offer a solution with our speech-and-language tutorials.
How These Speech-and-Language Tutorials at Wheeler Camp Work
- A highly trained Speech-and-Language specialist will be on-site at the Wheeler Seekonk campus to provide individualized 1-to-1 tutoring for your child as an integrated part of their camp day.
- To indicate your interest in this program:
- Register for Wheeler Summer Camp for the July 12 – August 6 sessions, if you haven’t done so already. If you do not see either of this session as available, email us as explained below and let us know so we can accommodate your camper.
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and write “Wheeler Camp 1-1 Speech-and-Language Tutorials” in the Subject line.
- Our placement specialists will ask you for some more information and assess if this is the right fit, then schedule your child for a 30-minute, in-person tutorial two times a week, depending on availability.
- We’ll transition your child seamlessly from camp activities to the tutorials and back again. The theme for the entire day is creativity, fun and LEARNING.
Who Is This Program For?
This speech-and-language tutorial program is designed for students with a diagnosed speech delay, deficit, or impediment, or learning difference, such as central auditory processing deficit. These students will have a need for highly structured speech-and-language instruction. No prior exposure to speech services or related programs is necessary; however, students who have received this type of support previously can still benefit from these tutorials, as we assess each student and pick up where they have left off, filling in gaps as needed.
*You are asked to provide documentation of the need for speech-and-language instruction, such as an IEP or evaluation.
If you are interested in speech-and-language tutoring only, without the full-day Wheeler Summer Camp, please contact RITES Educational Specialists and we would be happy to discuss the options.
For any other type of tutoring, please contact RITES Educational Specialists and we would be happy to connect you with one of our other qualified tutors.
How We Are Keeping Your Child Safe
Located just minutes from the East Side of Providence, Wheeler’s Seekonk campus offers plenty of enjoyable outdoor space for learning in nature while maintaining COVID-19 safe practices, including:
- Stable pods of no more than 8 children
- Low teacher/student ratio of 1:8, with teaching assistants for even smaller groups
- Large, newly built classrooms to spread out for portions of the instruction time and inclement weather
- Properly ventilated classrooms, including HEPA filtration systems for state-of-the-art air purification and safe circulation
- Access to plenty of dedicated outdoor learning station space, separate from the ongoing traditional campers and activities
- Seamless transition to afternoon camp activities while staying in stable pod
- Individual Cool Kid Tool Kits of materials for each student’s exclusive use
- Continual mask-wearing, hand-washing and regular sanitizing of used areas, with ongoing modifications in accordance to updated CDC guidance
- On-site nurse throughout the program
- Weekly COVID-19 testing/daily screening of all faculty, staff, participants, and campers*
*May dependent on current Massachusetts health guidelines and requirements at that time
What you get:
- Personalized instruction to improve language skills
- Pre-program speech-and-language mini-assessment to pinpoint where your child is at
- A written progress report with feedback and suggestions
- A full-day of engaging programming for your child and peace of mind for you
For a better school year: Stop Summer Brain Drain: Studies show that children who are not in summer programs lose about a month’s worth of learning. Research has also shown that this learning loss is a result of not engaging in educational activities during the summer. Engage your child’s whole brain with:
- fun, interactive instruction
- from a certified trained, experienced, creative speech-and-language pathologist
- who gets to know your child and personalizes lessons
- using proven success strategies
- for better language skills
Why Choose This Program?
With RITES 1-to-1 speech-and-language tutorials, your student will not lose skills over the summer, will practice new tools to speak better, and will have a head-start on the new school year with more confidence.
Hurry – space is very limited for this partner program with Wheeler Summer! Only 6 lucky students will be able to get the best of both quality RITES specialized speech tutorials and the full array of all Wheeler Summer has to offer, all in one place!
- Teacher Questionnaire – we ask your child’s current teacher to fill out the reading portion of this form to help us determine if our program is the right fit for your child.
*Subject to availability; subject to cancellation due to COVID-related circumstances (see our COVID waiver for details)
Not sure which program is right for your child? Contact RI Tutorial’s academic counselors so we can help your child make educational gains this summer in our proven, effective, high-quality programs.
Rhode Island Tutorial & Educational Services
334 East Avenue – Suite 3 Pawtucket, RI 02860
Speak with a RITES Specialist 401-723-4459