Rocking Reading and Megahit Math
Keep Skills Sharp!
Summer reading, summer math camp
|Grades:||Entering 1st grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade
1:8 teacher/student ratio
|Dates:||July 8 – July 26
9:00 am – 12:00 pm
|Location:||The Wheeler School, Providence|
|Extended Day Options:||This morning camp can be combined with other afternoon camp options and late pick-up through Wheeler Summer|
Summer reading, summer math reimagined for fun! Engage your child in a fun, supportive, and creative realm of an enriching curriculum designed by expert teachers. Strengthen and practice key reading and math success skills through a variety of lively games and activities, such as Reader’s Theater and Multiplication Twister. Go back to school with confidence.
RITES’ Summer Reading and Math Program is designed to:
- Boost Confidence – With improved reading and math skills, your student will have more confidence in the classroom this fall and all year long.
- Improve Difficult Skills – Individual attention enables students to conquer elusive skills from the past school year and gain new expertise.
- Prevent Brain Drain – Students who aren’t academically engaged typically lose a month of mastery over summer. By being involved in this program, students will maintain and further develop current skills.
- Spark Excitement for the Upcoming School Year – RITES’ interactive and exciting programs foster a newfound “yearn to learn.” Your student will be excited to show off new skills and start the school year motivated and ready for success.
Below is a menu of skills we select from, depending on the profiles and specific needs of each group:
- Word attack
- Guided reading
- Comprehension strategies
- Critical thinking
- Math facts
- Word problems
- Numerical relationships
- Math vocabulary
- Place value
- Critical thinking
For a better school year: Stop Summer Brain Drain: Studies show that children who are not in summer programs lose about a month’s worth of learning. Research has also shown that this learning loss is a result of not engaging in educational activities during the summer. RITES’ Rocking Reading and Megahit Math Program is designed to engage students mentally in fun, interactive activities. By attending this program, your student will not lose skills over the summer and will have a headstart on learning new material.
Still looking for summer course options? Try RITES’ interactive tool to see which course may be best for your student. Not sure which program is right for your child? Contact RI Tutorial’s academic counselors so we can help your child make educational gains this summer in our proven, effective, high-quality programs.
Downloadable Supplemental Forms:
- Teacher Questionnaire
- Financial Aid Form – (If applying for financial assistance, you will need to submit the financial aid form FIRST before applying for the class online. If approved for financial assistance, you will be given a special financial aid code to use for the online application to reduce the cost.)
If you prefer to have the application materials mailed to you, please fill out the “Contact Us” form below, including your full address and the specific course you are interested in.
Rhode Island Tutorial & Educational Services
334 East Avenue – Suite 3 Pawtucket, RI 02860
Speak with a RITES Specialist 401-723-4459