Study Smarter, Not Harder Plus Writing
Keep Skills Sharp: Summer Study Skills
|Grades:||Entering 6th grade, 7th grade, 8th grade
(grouped accordingly) 1:8 teacher/student ratio
9:00 am – 12:00 pm
|Extended Day Options:||
Junior High (6th grade, 7th grade, 8th grade) presents new challenges: balancing academics, home life, friends, extra-curricular activities, and more. Middle school is the perfect time to learn skills that will help your student be most effective in school and when studying. Our study skills summer workshops in Providence and East Greenwich can help your student improve how he or she learns and manage the demands of school.
In fact, most alumni of the Study Smarter, Not Harder course spend LESS time studying after mastering:
- Key study techniques,
- Effective test-taking strategies, and
- Organizational skills that spill into every day for the rest of their lives.
Benefits of Study Smarter, Not Harder strategies include:
- Students experience increased independence, success, and strength in the classroom
- Parents receive an in-depth progress report at the end of the class
- Each student creates a customized binder with the indispensable information presented during the class to use throughout the school year. Some SSNH alumni even bring it to high school and college!
Watch a sneak peek of this class in action!
THIS CLASS ADDRESSES:
- Dealing with test anxiety
- Getting started with assignments
- Organizing information
- Remembering and prioritizing information
- Managing time
- Coping effectively with stress during learning activities
- Reviewing completed work to check for errors, make revisions
- Gaining awareness of one’s preferred learning style — metacognition
PLUS WRITING SKILLS COVERED:
- Organizing/sequencing ideas
- Improving sentence structure
- Developing strong paragraphs
- Using proper grammar
- Writing different types of essays
- Word processing/keyboarding
Still looking for summer course options? Try RITES’ interactive tool to see which course may be best for your student. Not sure which program is right for your child? Contact RI Tutorial’s academic counselors so we can help your child make educational gains this summer in our proven, effective, high-quality programs.
Downloadable Supplemental Forms:
- Teacher Questionnaire
- Financial Aid Form – (If applying for financial assistance, you will need to submit the financial aid form FIRST before applying for the class online. If approved for financial assistance, you will be given a special financial aid code to use for the online application to reduce the cost.)
If you prefer to have the application materials mailed to you, please fill out the “Contact Us” form below, including your full address and the specific course you are interested in.
Rhode Island Tutorial & Educational Services
334 East Avenue – Suite 3 Pawtucket, RI 02860
Speak with a RITES Specialist 401-723-4459