Study Smarter, Not Harder
Reduce Stress and Build Lifelong Success!
|Grades:||Entering 9th – 12th|
|Dates:||Aug 3 -6
9:30 am – 12:30 pm
Wheeler School Library
High School study skills aren’t really taught in high school nor middle school. Don’t wait until your student is struggling to give him/her the recipe for success in high school and beyond.
Regain Control: RITES’ decade-long track record of reducing school-based frustration with study and organizational skills training will work for your student – and you.
This quintessential course teaches the important skills to be successful in school and life. Strategies learned can increase test scores and GPAs and boost student confidence. In order to have as a reference for the upcoming school year, each student creates a binder with the indispensable information presented during the class.
Parents are also sent a newsletter after each session with tips on how to help your student at home and with an overview of skills covered that day.
High School Study Skills Include:
- Organize, binders, planners, and backpacks
- Practice systems to stay organized
- Practice specific test-taking strategies
- Learn the skills to ensure better test grades
- Explore proven systems to manage time
- Improve time management with technology
- Learn how to manage time while studying
- Use note-taking as an effective reading strategy
- Create notes to improve memory of material
- Learn effective study techniques
- Acquire concrete strategies to memorize and recall information
- Practice creating study guides that improve grades on tests
- Learn how to be an active classroom participant
- Practice taking notes in multiple formats
Still looking for summer course options? Try RITES’ interactive tool to see which course may be best for your student. Not sure which program is right for your child? Contact RI Tutorial’s academic counselors so we can help your child make educational gains this summer in our proven, effective, high-quality programs.
Downloadable Supplemental Forms:
- Teacher Questionnaire
- Financial Aid Form – If applying for financial assistance, you will need to submit the financial aid form FIRST before applying for the class online – you will need a special financial aid code to fill out the online application.
If you prefer to have the application materials mailed to you, please fill out the “Contact Us” form below, including your full address and the specific course you are interested in.
Rhode Island Tutorial & Educational Services
334 East Avenue – Suite 3 Pawtucket, RI 02860
Speak with a RITES Specialist 401-723-4459