Orton-Gillingham Tutors, Orton-Gillingham Summer Programs
Already familiar with the Orton-Gillingham method? But did you know that certified Orton-Gillingham tutors and Wilson instructors are available right here in Rhode Island? Students come to RITES for Orton-Gillingham tutoring from many communities in Rhode Island, Massachusetts, Connecticut, and beyond. See below to let us know how RITES can best help your student.
Because learning difficulties may result in a child being held back in school and hurting his/her self-esteem, it’s important to find a solution that works. The Orton-Gillingham method is often recommended for children with dyslexia. However, it is also an effective approach to help children who struggle with reading, writing, and spelling.
Improve reading, writing, and spelling skills: Two options for Orton-Gillingham tutoring
- Orton-Gillingham tutoring, available year-round and great for those with busy schedules
- Orton-Gillingham summer programs, where children can work in small groups of six to eight students with others in their age group while still receiving personalized instruction
Here’s what you need to know to get started:
- Your initial consultation is free
- Tutoring with certified Wilson and Orton-Gillingham teachers for dyslexic students and struggling readers costs $60/hour
- Registration and all necessary learning materials for this specialized tutoring are included with a yearly $25 fee
RITES’ Orton-Gillingham Summer Program
Most importantly, you can jump-start your child’s reading, writing, and spelling kids and make sure s/he is ready to tackle the next school year with RITES’ five-week summer program Code Breakers. With a 1:8 teacher to student ratio, Code Breakers uses the multisensory, Orton-Gillingham teaching approach to help children entering grades 2-6 improve their reading, writing and spelling skills. A certified occupational therapist works with those students who would benefit from this type of support throughout the program, focused on their unique needs and challenges. Students will leave with improved skills and higher self-esteem.
Code Breakers takes place from 9 AM to 12 PM weekdays from July 13th to August 14th in Providence. The cost for the program is $1,800, which includes a pre- and post-assessment and a detailed progress report. Students must be able to attend all 5 weeks in order to apply.
Work individually with a certified Orton-Gillingham tutor
Whether your child is dyslexic or just struggles to read in general, one-to-one Orton-Gillingham tutoring sessions can help one overcome learning challenges. Individualized tutoring – year-round, in summer, or during the school year – is available at either at RITES’ Pawtucket learning center or with Orton-Gillingham tutors near you:
- East Greenwich,
- North Kingstown,
- Burrillville, and other towns.
Explore more of RITES’ Rhode Island-based summer programs dedicated to helping students learn to read:
RITES offers additional hands-on summer programs to help students improve reading, writing, math, and other classroom skills before the new school year begins. Summer program participants come from many communities in Rhode Island, Massachusetts, Connecticut, New York and beyond.
In addition to Code Breakers, RITES offers several summer programs for elementary school students:
- Rocking Reading and Megahit Math: Grades 1-4 (grouped accordingly)
- Power Up: Writing and Math: Grades 4 + 5
- Novel Exploration: Digging Deeper into Reading Comprehension and Writing: Grades5 + 6
- Study Smarter, Not Harder Plus Writing: Grades 6, 7, 8