On March 26, RITES went live on Facebook to answer your questions about summer education camps that are fun, enriching & chase away summer brain drain. Whether it’s a 1-week or 5-week class, RITES certified teachers keep summer lively & fun with hands-on learning and academic skills for next year and beyond.
Why are summer programs are important?
- Help prevent learning loss (whether to keep skills sharp or receive Intensive instruction)
- Provide an opportunity to delve more deeply into a challenging subject
- Experience a different, better way of learning that is tailored specifically to the student
How is RITES summer different/effective?
- RITES reaches students on a local, national and international level in a very personable way and provides resources that go beyond summer
- Experienced, engaged teachers connect students creatively to the material they’re learning
- 1:8 teacher/student ratio, with teaching assistants, which allows for more one-on-one interaction and personalized instruction
- Resource notebook, progress report, ongoing consultation & additional resources mean lots of tangible benefits that go beyond the summer months
- True peer group for increased self-esteem and confidence
- Ongoing, appropriate academic support as the student moves through grades
- ½ day programs, so still some “summer” each day
- No homework!
How do I apply?
The application process is multistep for careful consideration, grouping, and shaping of the curriculum:
- Online registration
- Supplemental materials:
- Teacher Questionnaire
- Financial Aid Form: If applying for financial assistance, you will need to submit the financial aid form FIRST before applying for the class online. If approved for financial assistance, you will be given a special financial aid code to use for the online application to reduce the cost. (Deadline APRIL 30th)
- Writing Sample prompt/directions (for all classes but Rocking Reading & Megahit Math)
- Evaluation and/or IEP
- The SOONER we have these, the SOONER we can make a decision
- Pre-Program Assessment
- Code Breakers & Power Up: Writing & Math
If you don’t start the application process now, you may miss out on this amazing opportunity. Sessions will fill up quickly, so be sure to apply and start to benefit from RITES expertise & resources now & into the future!